If you are interested in getting more involved on campus, CEIT has a variety of student organizations you can join. Please explore this page fore more information about each of the organizations your college offers. The list is in alphabetical order. If you would like more information about a specific organization just click the drop-down arrow. You can also download the PDF of this information by clicking on CEIT Student Organizations.
CEIT Student Organizations
Association for Computing Machinery
Interested in helping students understand computers better.
- Meets every other Thursday at 6:30 in Room 3212.
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Pradipta De
Association of Information Technology Professionals
Helps improve students’ technical and professional skills and competence by hosting hands on workshops to better improve their professional and ethical commitments.
- Meets twice a month on Tuesdays at in IT 2208/2110
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Russell Thackston
American Society of Civil Engineers
Provides the tools necessary for success in the academic and professional world.
- Every other Wednesday at 6 pm in ENGR 1104
- Faculty Advisors are Dr. Maldonado and Dr. Cubas
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Enables collaboration, knowledge sharing, career enrichment and skills development across all engineering disciplines, toward a goal of helping the global engineering community develop solutions to benefit lives and livelihoods.
- Meets every Wednesday at 6:30 PM
- Faculty Advisors is Dr. Vlcek
Auroa Game Development Club
To serve any and all students in gaining experience in the game development industry.
- Meets every Monday at 7:30 PM in CEIT 1304
- Faculty Advisors is Dr. Harris
Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
Provides opportunities for Construction Management students to enhance their professional knowledge and networks through guest speakers, forums, and conferences.
- Meets when announced via e-mail to members
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Maghiar
Construction Management Guild
The Guild brings in companies to speak with students about construction projects and career opportunities for the students,
- Meets every other Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM in Carruth Building room 1015
- Faculty Advisors are Dr. Rogers and Dr. Martin
Eagle Motorsports (Society of Automotive Engineers)
Georgia Southern’s racing team that participates in an international competition that involves designing, building, testing, and racing a Formula style race car and off road-Baja vehicle.
- Meets every Tuesday in Carruth Building Room 1105
- Faculty Advisor is Mr. Harp
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
IEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of industry.
- Meets the first Wednesday of every month in IT 1004
- Faculty Advisors is Dr. Rios-Guiterrez
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
ITE is for students interested in entering the transportation field. Mission is to aid fellow students in learning more about the profession and finding jobs or internships.
- Faculty Advisors is Dr. Purcell
National Society of Black Engineers
To increase the number of culturally responsible Black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
- Meets Sundays at 4:00 PM in Nursing Chemistry Building Room 1002
- Faculty Advisors is Mr. Collins
Optical Society of America
- Faculty Advisor is De. Haddad
Pi Tau Sigma
Mechanical Engineering Honor Society. Membership is by invitation only.
- Meets bi-weekly on Wednesday
- Faculty Advisors is Dr. Calamas
Offers space for engineering and science students to learn, design, program, and fabricate robots.
- Meets Wednesdays at 5:00 PM in Carruth Building Room 100
- Faculty Advisors are Dr. Alba-Flores and Dr. Rios Guiterrez
Sigma Lamda Chi
International Honor Society for Construction Management
- Meets every other week on Mondays at 5:30 PM in the Caruth Building Conference Room at 5:00 PM in Carruth Building Room 100
- Faculty Advisors are Dr. Dr. Manoosingh and Dr. Dryden
Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
Enables the networking of students and professionals from various fields of engineering, architecture, and construction to develop students’ professional connections and introduce them to job opportunities.
- Meets the second Monday of every month at 6:00 PM in IT Room 1206
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Landry
Society of Manufacturing Engineers
The worlds’ leading professional society advancing manufacturing knowledge and influencing more than half a million manufacturing practitioners annually Student chapter activities include industry tours, professional speakers, resume workshops and networking.
- Meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Harp
Society of Women Engineers
Gives women engineers a unique voice.
- Meets the first Tuesday of every month at 8:00 PM in Engineering 2110
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Alba-Flores
Tau Beta Gamma – CEIT Engineering Honors Club
Membership is by invitation only. Spring and Fall induction ceremonies.
- Meets every other Wednesday at 6 PM
- Faculty Advisor is Dr. Calamas
Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE)
Honor Society recognizes academic excellence in the Computing disciplines. Membership is by invitation only. Induction ceremonies are in the Fall and Spring.
- Faculty Advisors are Dr. Allen and Dr. Harris
Last updated: 2/22/2017