SGA President Azell Francis wins Potts Leadership Award

SGA President and MSAE student Azell Francis (BS MechE ’13) has been awarded the 2015 Regent Willis J. Potts Student Advisory Council Leadership Award.  Each year, the Student Advisory Council, composed of SGA presidents from the 31 USG institutions, anonymously selects a member who has demonstrated leadership, openness, honesty, respect and enthusiasm in the engagement of SAC activities and conferences.  Ms. Francis, from Trinidad and Tobago, is the first international student to serve as Georgia Southern’s SGA President, and is the SGA’s first female president since 2009.  AFrancis

“In my role as SGA president, and on the Student Advisory Council, I sought first to listen to students, and then to serve as their voice,” said Francis.  “The ultimate goals was, and is, to serve students… to enhance their collegiate experience and provide them with the best learning environment to discover and pursue their purpose.”  Francis added that “as I aim for new heights, I look excitedly to the future, and am happy to play my small part in our tradition of excellence.”

Share:

Posted in CEIT News, Mechanical Engineering News