Welcome Daniel Cox, new Chair of MfgE!

Dr. Daniel J. Cox has joined Georgia Southern as the founding chair of the Department of Manufacturing Engineering.  He comes to the CEIT with extensive experience in both industry and academia, most recently at the University of North Florida.

“Spending the first half of my career as a practicing manufacturing engineer has given me the perspective of industry, which I have continued to carry in all of my endeavors in academia.  As I transitioned from the private sector to academia, I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to manage a research program focusing primarily on robotics.  During my tenure at the University of North Florida, I strived to develop relationships with industry to create opportunities for my students.  I look forward to continuing this tradition of industrial collaboration at Georgia Southern with the dynamic companies in the region.  Together, we will help our students succeed in building the future of manufacturing engineering in the U.S.”

Dr. Cox’s office is room 1130A in the CEIT Building.  912-478-8044, dcox@georgiasouthern.edu

Share:

Posted in CEIT News, GS Faculty Highlights, Manufacturing Engineering News