Online M.S. in Computer Science
- Update April 13th 2017: The proposed changes to the delivery mode has been approved by the University Graduate Committee. Applicants seeking admission to the full time Masters of Science in Computer Science are now welcomed to apply.
- The Computer Sciences Department proposed a change to the delivery mode of the program beginning Fall 2017. The proposed change is a hybrid delivery mode which means course can be delivered in on-campus classrooms or online.
- Prospective students who are interested in pursuing the full time Masters of Science in Computer Sciences degree program are encouraged to apply here.
- The Computer Sciences Department is anticipating Graduate Assistantship positions for Fall 2017.
- Information on GA at Georgia Southern University can be found here.
- Click on here to access the online GA application form.
What kind of education will you receive? We offer the only Data Mining and Data Warehousing concentrations in Georgia, one of only a handful of such master’s degrees in the world. Data science graduate programs and data analysis degrees are in high demand, and Georgia Southern University provides the insights and experience you need.
The Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) is an intensive 30-hour graduate program that prepares students in the area of knowledge-based data systems. Our program enables you to develop a balance of industry-relevant practical skills and experience that will enhance your professional development and future employment in the IT industry.
What makes us different? Concentrations in: Data Mining and Data Warehousing. Emphasizing these high-demand fields, the Georgia Southern Online MS in Computer Science is one of a handful of such master’s degree programs in the world.
For more program information, see the MSCS Brochure (PDF).
For Admissions and Financial Aid information, visit Georgia Southern’s online MSCS program website.
The Right Choice
What makes the Georgia Southern online computer science master’s degree the right program for you? It’s simple; our program emphasizes the high-demand fields of data mining and data warehousing. It combines both the technical aspects of data mining with the business aspects of knowledge management to create a unique and highly specialized program.
The 30-hour distance learning program begins with a strong foundation in databases, artificial intelligence and Web systems followed by specializations in data mining, data warehousing and distributed database systems. Once you complete the groundwork, you will move on to applying database and knowledge systems to areas such as software engineering and wireless and mobile systems.
Online learning is ideal for working professionals because it provides the opportunity to study when it’s convenient for you. We understand your need for flexibility and your desire for an advanced degree from a reputable institution.
And that is what makes the Georgia Southern Online MS in Computer Science the right program for YOU!
Program Contact Information
Last updated: 4/13/2017