Graduate Students – Thesis & Dissertation Deadlines
To Graduate in Spring 2016
- The last day to submit your final and approved Dissertation Document to the Grad School and ETD is May 6th, 2016.
- Going back to April 15, 2016 is when you should first be submitting your dissertation to Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) for review and approval.
- This means that you need to defend your dissertation no later than April 8th, 2016. You don’t want to cut it right to the very end, so you should defend during the last week of March to the first week of April 2016.
- The general policy is that the committee members must have the document no later than 3 weeks prior to the defense date. The latest that you could have your dissertation document ready to be sent to the committee is Friday, March 18, 2016.
- To do this, you should be scheduling your defense with the committee sometime during the week of March 7 – 11, 2016
- To do this, you should have final approval of the dissertation document from your chair by the first week of March 2016.
- From January 11, 2016, this gives you basically just 7 weeks to work with your Chair to get the writing together and complete your Chapters 1 – 5.
Last updated: 1/26/2016