IT Support Specialist – Bland Farms – Glennville, GA
IT Support Specialist
IT Help Needed
Head-quartered in Glennville, Georgia, Bland Farms is the world’s largest year-round grower, packer, and shipper of sweet onions and is an industry-recognized name for Vidalia® Sweet Onions. Bland Farms represents almost one-third of all Vidalia® onions marketed.
We currently have an open position in our Information Technology group for a IT Support Specialist.
IT Support Specialist
Director of Information Technology
The IT Support Specialist position is responsible for the day to day IT infrastructure support for Bland Farms. This includes, but is not limited to; the installation, configuration and support of PCs for the entire Bland Farms organization, all IT asset tracking, inventory of all PC software, and basic Active Directory administration. In addition, the IT Support Specialist ensures the operability, security, backup and recoverability of all PCs and Servers in the organization, and coordinates IT requests between end users and the IT department. Having a firm understanding of networking principles is also required.
* Able to quickly and effectively analyze source of problems in order to implement a timely resolution
* Able to work under pressure and provide support in a 24×7 environment
* Able to quickly learn new technologies and the operating environment including security and recovery requirements of Bland Farms
* Clear, consistent communications with other IT members as well as the user community
* Provide customers with a stable, secure, and recoverable environment for PC and server applications
* Ensure proper configuration and implementation of PC hardware and software components
* Research and recommend software products to assist with business requirements
* Establish and maintain disaster recovery procedures
* Basic network administration
* Basic Active Directory administration
* Maintain all IT policies and procedures
* Provide remote user support via telephone and other PC tools
* Provide end-user support for all IT equipment
* Technical and/or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
* 2 – 4 years of supporting and maintaining PCs, Servers, and networks
* Operating systems: PC (Windows/XP/7) Server (2003, 2008)
* Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
* Cisco and HP networking experience a plus
* Work in an environment supporting remote users.
* Proven communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
If interested in applying send your cover letter and resume by email to:
Anthony Weitman | Director of Information Technology
1126 Raymond D Bland Road | Glennville, GA 30427
Tel: 912.654.7110 | Cell: 912.318.5506
Posted in Jobs for IT Grads