Morris Technology Junior Developer Internship – Statesboro
JUNIOR SOLUTIONS DEVELOPER – PART-TIME POSITION – Internship
Morris Technology is a technology company servicing a host of business verticals including healthcare, and focused on media with SaaS based solutions. With offices in Savannah and Statesboro Georgia, Morris Technology has grown from a small team managing network and devices along with client technology support issues in our ESS team for captured customers all across the US, to a company now also developing hosted SaaS based solutions for even more customers.
Currently we are seeking several junior software developers to join our Solutions Development team in our expanded offices in Statesboro. Our Solutions Development group starts with the requirements, scopes the system architecture, and then develops SaaS based solutions hosted in our private cloud and now on Amazon’s Web Services (AWS) infrastructure. The Solutions Development group works closely with our Engineering and Support Services team that manages all of our aforementioned cloud infrastructure. Beyond the perfunctories outlined below, the ideal candidates must have a zest for learning, pushing the boundaries of SCRUM processes, and must have a desired passion for revolutionizing technology! In short, this is a great opportunity to build your resume as you got to college, and work with a top flight team!
• A major in an applicable field, such as Information Technology, Computer Science, equivalent/related field, or experience working with a development group using SCM tools (Source Code Management) for industrial strength application building.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extra extra kudos if you have a background doing development in mobile apps.
• Extra extra extra kudos if you have UI design skills using Adobe Creative Suite .
• A very strong desire to work in an un-corporate like environment with a great group of teams – no ties please and definitely no usage of Bill Lumbergh’s OFFICE SPACE question “Did you get the memo”?
• This is an off-campus position less than 10 minutes by bicycle, so candidates must provide themselves with transportation to and from the Network Operations Center located in Downtown Statesboro.
• Candidates must be able to work 20-25 hours a week.
• Q/A testing of code and applying revisions.
• Implementing SaaS applications for existing and new customers.
• Handling support issues and troubleshooting code on SaaS applications.
• On the job training for database management and SQL queries, building SaaS solutions in Python/Django WEB framework with a team that meets milestones, and utilize Agile development processes.
• Using a SCM (Source Code Management) tied to a ticketing system to ensure proper development processes.
• Identifying and testing candidate technologies, and incorporating them for future development.
• Promise not to laugh when the mTech President talks endlessly about EBITDA.
The starting wage is $9/hr (with regular pay increases).
Please send your resume and LinkedIn connection request to Malcolm Howard, Director of Solutions Development via firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in IT Internships