UNIX Engineers – Atlanta
Seeking Entry-level, Mid-level, & Sr. UNIX Engineers
Do you want to work for a global company who is a leader in their industry and has all of the latest technologies? This is the job for you!
We are seeking a UNIX Engineers/Administrators with a wide background in UNIX systems. Solid experience with multiple UNIX flavors is preferred.
Current position requires completion of undergraduate degree!
Duties of position:
• Primary hands on-experience as a UNIX System Administrator or UNIX Support Engineer whom has worked primarily in transactional production environments. Advanced experience with one of the following UNIX systems is preferred:
o Solaris (SPARC) versions 10 or 11. They are currently running v. 10 and migrating to version v. 11
o HP-UX (IA64 or PARISC) – preferably version v. 11.31 (they are running)
o Strong experience with Linux (preferably RHEL5/6 or comparable)
o They are currently at approximately a 1/3 blend of each OS
• Should have experience working with Blade servers. We use them for both virtualization and connecting to the network.
• Must have very good troubleshooting skills, be a very logical thinker and researcher to solve system or application issues.
• Knowledge of computer operations, to include shell and how the kernel function
• Knowledge of the principals of routing, client/server communications and configuration of NFS in secure environment.
• Tests and configure Infrastructure type Software, e.g. 3rd Part Volume managers, High Availability components, Monitoring, Job scheduling
• 2 years’ experience in a large environment with servers in multiple locations and Disaster Recovery configurations.
• Major plus is virtualization and zoning/LDOM’s with Solaris and/or experience administering VMWARE ESX v. 4/5 or higher. We are currently running v. 5.
• Experience providing basic Oracle or Veritas Clustering support is helpful
• Prior experience administering EMC Clariion or VMAX is also helpful. They are currently migrating from Clariion to VMAX.
• Able to perform UNIX system admin/configuration tasks such as DNS, sendmail, SAMBA, and other server services
• Works independently easily and can complete assigned tasks without supervision
• Aptitude to quickly learn and read and create documented procedures for repeated success of New System Admin tasks.
• Ability to speed read UNIX file logs and logically tie messages to actions occurring in the system/application
• Solid understanding of UNIX commands
• Strongly prefers someone with a “true engineering background” and degree from an engineering school or curriculum.
• Can quickly adapt to change and reprioritize tasks during the Day/Week
For consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Posted in Jobs for IT Grads