Planters Electric Membership Corporation IT Internship – Millen
Planters Electric Membership Corporation
Position: IT Internship
Working hours: Monday through Friday – 8 am to 5 pm
Department: Information Services
Reports to: Manager of Information Services
Communication: Must have a functional means of communication
Certification: Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and submit to random drug testing as part of the Planters EMC Drug Free Workplace Guidelines.
Information Technology or Computer Science Major preferred. Available Summer 2014; valid Georgia Drivers license; technical knowledge in the installation, trouble shooting, and operation of computers, printers, modems, networks, telephones, and radios; effective analytical, problem solving, and research skills; strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to express technical information clearly and simply while working closely with other personnel
1. Maintain network, including providing effective data and resource sharing and communications among hosts, servers, and local/wide area networks
2. Maintain computer hardware to ensure all systems are operational and available to meet the daily business processing need of the company.
3. Troubleshoot and resolve network problems.
4. Develop special programs in coordination with data processing users to allow for more effective and efficient utilization of the network system.
5. Provide training of personnel in the effective use of the computer hardware available to them.
6. Assist with updates, and ensure the smooth dissemination of information and data.
7. Protect all equipment against viruses, unauthorized use or entry, vandalism, etc.
8. Assist with installing, and maintenance of PC’s, servers, printers, firewalls, and related equipment.
9. Ensure that there is coordination between all systems, departments, and outside providers.
10. Installing, upgrading, and coordinating individual work station computers to insure efficient processing speed and computer memory.
11. Install programs on computers as requested to insure accurate, adequate computer programming for each department’s needs.
12. Assist in maintaining sub-station monitoring systems.
13. Assist with keeping website up to date for consumer and employee information.
14. Conduct training with employees as needed to maintain current knowledge base and provide update training as needed.
15. Provide expertise to maintain and troubleshoot all computers, computer programs, terminals, and printer operations.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Description Requirements
1. Ability to bend, crawl, lift, and move cable and/or equipment weighing 20-40 pounds.
2. Must have the ability to operate various types of office equipment including computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, copier, etc.
3. Requires sitting for long periods of time, the use of one or both hands, the use of fingers, and arm-hand steadiness.
4. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicant may contact Joey McBride, Manager of Information Services
at 478-982-4722 Ext. 222 and forward resume to email@example.com
Posted in IT Internships