Pure Fishing – Systems Training Development Intern- Columbia, SC
The Business Systems Training Development Intern will supplement the existing systems training development workload plus the administrative tasks around the WPB software and server. Responsibilities will focus in particular on
1. The loading and publishing of the SAP in-application help in our production system.
2. Assigning roles and publishing courses to the end-user’s Learner View
3. Editing and testing of the training procedures created in WPB.
Systems Training Development Intern
Director, SAP Applications
Columbia, South Carolina
Pure Fishing (www.purefishing.com) is a global family of quality fishing tackle brands, offering a broad range of products that meet or exceed the needs of today’s anglers located in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Pure Fishing addresses the needs of anglers around the world with a strong portfolio of leading brands. These brands include Shakespeare Fishing Tackle, Penn, Abu Garcia, Berkley and many others. The company focuses on sport fishing and offers reels, lightweight graphite rods, soft baits, saltwater squids, flicker shads, cardinals and inshore rods for anglers. The company is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina and is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation of Rye, NY, a Fortune 500 company. Pure Fishing has earned a significant market share both in the US and internationally. The Company is poised for continued growth and profitability globally with the commitment of providing Technology Solutions to support this growth. The Enterprise Architect role is a critical team player responsible for multiple aspects of major and minor Corporate and Global Projects. This individual will help take the IT organization to the next level of excellence by supporting several key initiatives.
Primary Roles / Responsibilities:
• Systems Training:
• The loading and publishing of the SAP in-application help in our production system.
• Assigning roles and publishing courses to the end-user’s Learner View
• Editing and testing of the training procedures created in WPB.
• Provide coaching and support to our business Instant Producer authors.
• Service Desk Triage:
• Use reasoning skills to assign a category and priority to tickets
• Contact analyst assigned to ticket if deadline date is approaching or past due
• SAP Master Data Clean-up:
• Download and massage large amounts of master data from SAP in Excel with the guidance of a functional analyst. This will provide the necessary data for global data cleansing.
• SAP knowledge a plus.
• Quick learner of training development tools.
• Any experience with Learning Management Systems a plus.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have the following technical development experience, in the order listed, and have a competency in the following training development based systems:
Datango, Workforce Performance Builder, uPerform, InfoPak, Robohelp, any type of authoring tool.
TechExcel, ServiceWise or other ticket management experience
Self motivated with ability to work in diversified environments and with new development tools. Has worked in a team-based organization, with proven leadership experience. The successful candidate must have a record of accomplishments which commands peer respect and support that record with an established knowledge base. The candidate must be comfortable working independently, be execution oriented, and demonstrate value to the business. Passion for technology and works well to meet deadlines. The right candidate will be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change, will allocate time efficiently, handling multiple demands and competing priorities and will have excellent problem solving skills and analytical skills.
CULTURAL & ORGANIZATIONAL EXPERIENCES
Information Technology is a success factor to the organization. The successful candidate must thrive in a truly entrepreneurial, fast moving and fun loving environment – where people enjoy their work and the industry they compete. Being able to take leadership initiative and run with ideas independently is essential. This is a highly team based culture that has attributes of being intimate, driven and lean. Bringing the ability to think and act globally and help the culture move in that direction is critical. The candidate must be able to operate effectively in an organization that has remote and virtual components to its operation as well as matrix organizational reporting responsibilities.
A Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field a plus.
If interested send your resume to Amy Hasty – email@example.com
Posted in IT Internships