Charleston Defense Contractors Association – 4th Annual Mobile App Competition
4th Annual Mobile App Competition…….$7000.00 in Awards and Scholarships……The Charleston Defense Contractors Association (CDCA) is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Mobile Application Development Competition in conjunction with its annual Government and Industry Partnership Summit in Charleston, SC November 17-20, 2014.
The focus of the Mobile App Competition is to stimulate creative thinking and promote the entrepreneurial spirit while offering development support, marketing expertise, mentorship, and guidance for the participating students. The CDCA Mobile App Competition is open for participation to all High School and full-time, undergraduate and graduate college students.
The CDCA Mobile App Competition will accept creative ideas for unique applications that are able to run on one or more of the following platforms: iPhone, iPad, Android, RIM (Blackberry), or Windows Mobile AND a one-minute video detailing the functions of the application and how it can be utilized by the general public. The competition will focus on three different target areas:
2. Quality of Life
Please find below the information on CDCA Mobile App Competition Terms and Conditions and the submission process. To be considered for award, the Application and Video must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 31 October 2014.
CDCA Mobile App Competition
1. All students should read and understand the Terms and Conditions.
2. Complete a Letter of Intent Form and email to AppChallenge@charlestondca.org by 01 October 2014.
3. Submit application via the email above or mail to:
Charleston Defense Contractors Association
PO Box 61089
North Charleston, SC 29419-1089
** Deadline for receipt of Application and Video is 11:59pm EST October 31, 2014**
Information also available at http://www.charlestondca.org/studentapp
Terms and Conditions
• The competition is open to individuals or teams of any High School and full-time, undergraduate and graduate college students.
• Scholarships and Award Breakdown:
$3,500 First Place ($2,500 award to student, $1,000 scholarship to school)
$1,500 Second Place ($1000 award to student, $500 scholarship to school)
$1000 Third Place ($750 award to student, $250 scholarship to school)
$1000 Attendee Favorite ($750 award to student, $250 scholarship to school)
• Entries must be received by 11:59pm, Eastern Standard Time (EST), 31 October 2014. All entries will not be returned.
• Participants may submit more than one entry but only one entry from a participant can win.
• Videos must be in .mpeg or .avi format. Student(s)/Teams are encouraged to display School Spirit in the video.
• Entries must be based on unique applications that will function on one or more of the following platforms: iPhone, iPad, Android, RIM (Blackberry), or Windows Mobile. First, Second and Third place prizes will be based on the scores returned by a panel of judges. The scores will be based on Complexity of Technology components, Marketability, Video, Value to Customer, and Ease of Use.
• The “Attendee Favorite” prize will be determined by vote of the attendees at the CDCA Government Industry Partnership Summit who view the student videos and interact with the application.
• Submitted entries are developed applications but must not be published to the general public prior to 27 November 2014.
• Any entry containing sexual, violent, abusive, harassing, offensive, or insulting content will be disqualified.
• First through third place awards limited to one per person.
• Submission is open from 1 September 2014 until 31 October 2014.
• All Data Rights of the application and video remain the property of the student(s) and/or school.
• By submitting an entry, students and/or school authorize CDCA to display the application and video between 1 October 2014 and 30 November 2014.
• All participants warrant that their entries are original and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted entries and all included content, that no third parties will make any challenges or claims as to ownership or fraud, and that they have the right to submit the entries in the Competition and grant all required licenses.
• To the maximum extent permitted by law, each participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the CDCA, its board members and members herein referred to as Organizer’s at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein.
• Any false information provided by any participant may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the competition. The CDCA further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, or otherwise does not comply with these terms, or violates the laws of South Carolina.
• All judges’ decisions will be final and binding.
Posted in IT Internships, Jobs for IT Grads, News