Daniel Defense – Information Technology Internship
JOB SUMMARY: Daniel Defense, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated Information Technology Intern. The candidate will report directly to the System Administrator while working with a professional and driven IT team. The internship will provide experience in a broad range of IT challenges while working in a manufacturing environment.
1. Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for users in person, via telephone, or through remote assistance applications.
2. Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software or peripheral equipment following design or installation specifications.
3. Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
4. Maintain daily records of communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
5. Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
6. Confer with staff, users and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
7. Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
8. Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
9. Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate or necessary by the Director of IT and/or management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. In active pursuit of Bachelor’s or Associates Degree with concentration in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems. Education of network, server and technical experience or related training. Equivalent combination of experience and/or education sufficient enough to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
2. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
3. Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with others is a must.
4. Working knowledge of systems management and deployment appliances.
5. Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences through the use of written and oral communication.
6. Analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies.
8. Broad knowledge of operating systems and commonly used software applications.
9. Strong troubleshooting skills.
10. Ability to prioritize responsibilities, manage multiple projects, work under deadlines and work under pressure.
11. Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate with all company officials, employees, vendors, customers, etc.
12. Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Word)
1. Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 pounds.
2. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the work day.
Please visit https://danieldefense.com/careers to complete our full application process to be considered for this position. Please contact Donna Carter, Human Resources Manager at 912-851-3238 or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Individuals with disabilities: If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Daniel Defense Careers website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Donna Carter, Human Resources Manager, at 912-851-3238 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in Daniel Defense.
Daniel Defense is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer and promotes a “Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace”.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. This list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Daniel Defense is an at will employer.
Posted in IT Internships