Tift County Public Schools Internship
The intern will be assigned to assist professional staff with providing computer hardware, software and technical support to various divisions within the Tift County Board of Education. Under the direction of our network administrator, the intern will be responsible for the following scope of work duties:
- Supporting PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software
- Monitoring help desk support requests;
- Providing end user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff
- In addition, intern will assist the Web page development, networking support and installation, WIFI monitoring and maintenance, and other WAN/LAN duties as needed
- Student must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, application software, and networking procedures
- Student must have awareness of the PC Industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology. Interested applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems. Should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Ability to perform tasks such as providing operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, virus protection and eradication.
- Able to interact effectively with management, staff and school system personnel, and work independently, and/or as part of a team. Intern must be aware that they are going to be working in a school environment and must act according to Tift County Board of Education’s personnel procedures.
- Must be currently enrolled as a second semester junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- Students must provide a resume, a currently unofficial transcript (as proof of good academic standing)
- Internships are available each semester on a first come, first serve basis. Applications will be allowed anytime
- Accepted applicants must be willing to submit to (and pass) a background check with the Tifton Police Department, due to being in a school as an staff member during school hours.
- Pay: NON-PAID Internship, possibility of stipend
- To Apply, Please submit resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript to:
- Tift County Board of Education
- Attn: Chief Technology and Information Officer
- 207 N. Ridge Ave, Tifton, GA 31794
- Or email email@example.com
Posted in IT Internships