NYARC IT and IS Web Developer Internship – Summer 2015 and Fall 2015
The National Youth-At-Risk Center is seeking an Information Technology and Information Systems Intern for the Summer 2015 term and an Intern for Fall 2015. This position will provide hands-on experience with web development. The intern will gain knowledge in areas including content management system (CMS), working with cross disciplinary teams, web design, and coding.
Skills and abilities: Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. The intern needs to be familiar with CMS, specifically WordPress. The intern must have strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL. Must be able to pay attention to detail, organize tasks, and be a creative thinker. Intern must have the ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment. Additional software proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Contribute, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Flash is a plus.
· Maintain and update the center’s website
· Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and implementation
· Availability to attend meetings in relation to the conference or center
· Assist marketing in developing and implementing marketing strategies for the center and conferences
· Research and acquire strong knowledge of today’s website standards
· Research youth-at-risk-specific websites for ideas on web development
· Assist staff in promoting events through the web
Apply for this position by submitting a cover letter (indicate which term you are applying for Summer or Fall) and resume to:
Georgia Southern University National Youth-At-Risk Center
P.O. Box 8134
Statesboro, GA 30458
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in IT Internships, Jobs for IT Majors