SQL Developer/Programmer – Valdosta
South Georgia Medical Center in Valdosta, GA has an immediate opening for an additional SQL Developer/Programmer. The SQL developer will be working hands-on with other team members to create and maintain some very cool information management products.
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting
tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
Responsible for writing queries, views, and stored procedures to extract data from SQL
- Work with all levels of management to determine functional needs and requirements.
Produces standard deliverables according to deadlines.
- Creates spreadsheets and written reports to present data in clear, concise way.
Automates or increases efficiency of existing reports.
- Works with Senior Analysts to plan reporting projects and set deadlines.
- Assists in the administration of SQL databases and database servers.
- Performs testing, troubleshooting, and quality checks on reports to ensure exceptional
- Reviews development code and ensures established coding standards are applied
- Provides business users with the data required for metrics and analysis and estimates for
all assigned projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Have a high level working knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence Development
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 server side development including SSIS and SSRS.
Bachelor’s degree in a communication or technical discipline, or have equivalent
- Must demonstrate solid understanding of software development life cycle, and have
strong skills in written communication.
- Familiarity with conventions in form, structure, and notation of technical writing.
The candidate will be highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team
- Must be a self-starter.
Anyone interested in joining SGMC in Valdosta, GA as a SQL Developer can contact Dr. David Schott directly via email at email@example.com.
David E. Schott, DrPH
Assistant Administrator of Strategy and Business Analytics
South Georgia Medical Center
Posted in Jobs for IT Grads, Jobs for IT Majors