Summer 2017 Tech Intern Atlanta
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to intern at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
What will you be doing?
- This position has multiple job responsibilities which include Live QC, Commercial Ingest, Tier 1 Service Triage and Dispatch, Event Monitoring, and Engineering Support for On-Air Programming and Project Implementation.
- This is an entry level technology position which provides career pathing to higher technology positions throughout Turner Broadcasting.
- We are looking for highly motivated students with a background in IT, Computer Science or Engineering.
What do we require from you?
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Solid foundation in IT networking and system administration
- Ability to resolve complex technical problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Help Desk Experience highly desirable
- Engineering understanding and hands on skills a plus
- Self-motivated with a passion for technology, learning, and self-improvement
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner’s Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Internship dates are May 23, 2017 – August 4, 2017. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Apply at https://careers.timewarner.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=391&siteid=36&areq=156427BR&AL=1
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posted in IT Internships, Jobs for IT Majors