IT Support Technician – Planters Rural Telephone Cooperative
Planters Rural Telephone Cooperative is a voice and Internet service provider serving Screven County, portions of Effingham, Jenkins and Burke Counties in southeast Georgia. It is the mission of the Cooperative to provide a full array of quality telecommunications services, at affordable prices, to residences and businesses in our rural communities. Planters Telephone currently has a seasonal job opportunity for an IT Support Technician.
The IT Support Technician is responsible for the technical support of last mile end-user technologies (residential modems, routers, switches, etc.) and the maintenance and troubleshooting of various LAN technologies in the Planters corporate network.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities and Duties consist of but are not limited to:
- Tech support of customer Internet and telephone services (including wireless internet troubles, e-mail setup questions, etc.)
- Installing, configuring and maintaining PCs, printers, scanners and various network components within a Windows network.
- Provide Tier 1 troubleshooting and support to corporate users within the local area network.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of various LAN and WLAN technologies.
- Provisioning and troubleshooting of DSLAMs and FTTH access equipment and services.
- Other tasks as assigned by IT Management and/or General Manager.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and passion in networking and information technology fields.
- Specialization of Networking and Datacenter Administration and/or degree/diploma emphasis in Computer Information Systems is desirable.
- Positive Attitude.
- Strong customer service skills, self-motivated, hard-working and able to work with little supervision.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and eager to learn.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office software suites.
- Certifications are desirable.
Seasonal, with the possibility of becoming permanent
Contact – If interested, please email a copy of your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please compose emails with the subject line, “Resume/CV for IT Support Technician
Posted in IT Internships, Jobs for IT Majors