IT 3130 Web Application Design and Development I
This course covers design, programming, and implementation of web-based applications. Students will learn to create 3-tier (client-server-database) web applications using sessions, cookies, and databases to store information. This course is part of the IT core required for all IT majors.
A ‘C’ or better in IT 1430
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Learn the basics of programming such as variables, control statements, and functions.
2. Understand the web business transaction process.
3. Create 3-tier (client-server-database) applications for web business transactions.
4. Learn to use sessions, cookies, and databases to store information.
Rationale for Inclusion
5. Use current computing techniques, skills, and technologies.
j. An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies.