IT 3132 – Web Software
This course provides a survey of advanced web software tools used in the development and deployment of web-based systems. The course includes the use of web authoring, animation, and graphical tools.
A ‘C’ or better in IT 1230 Web Technologies or IT 1430 Web Page Development and junior standing
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify, describe, select and use web software tools for developing a website with multimedia content.
- Identify challenges in the design, implementation, delivery, and support of major web-based applications.
- Assess and recommend solutions that meet an organization’s web-based information requirements.
- Identify and explain issues that affect international use of information technology.
- Recognize and describe the challenges (technical, managerial and organizational) of change management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of new technologies and evaluate their use for an organization’s information delivery strategy.
- Contribute appropriately to collaborative project assignments and case analysis.
- Recognize the importance of effective oral and written communication skills.
Rationale for Inclusion
Advanced course work that builds on the fundamental course work to provide depth.