IT 3132 – Web Software
This course provides a survey of advanced web software tools used in the development and deployment of web-based systems. The course includes the use of web authoring, animation, and graphical tools.
A ‘C’ or better in IT 1230 Web Technologies or IT 1430 Web Page Development and junior standing
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify, describe, select and use web software tools for developing a website with multimedia content.
- Identify challenges in the design, implementation, delivery, and support of major web-based applications.
- Assess and recommend solutions that meet an organization’s web-based information requirements.
- Identify and explain issues that affect international use of information technology.
- Recognize and describe the challenges (technical, managerial and organizational) of change management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of new technologies and evaluate their use for an organization’s information delivery strategy.
- Contribute appropriately to collaborative project assignments and case analysis.
- Recognize the importance of effective oral and written communication skills.
Rationale for Inclusion
The course contributes to the following student outcomes and attributes:
(2) Analyze user requirements to design IT-based solutions
(4) Work in project teams to develop and/or implement IT-based solutions
(5) Use current computing techniques, skills, and/or technologies.
(f) An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
(g) An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
(h) Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
(m) An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
(n) An ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.