IT 4234 – Datacenter Management
(previously Network Operating Environments)
The following concepts will be introduced: a) deployment and administration of operating systems of various types, b) deployment and administration of OS hypervisors, c) administration of network storage (iSCSI, NFS volumes), d) security, analysis and networking of operating systems and hypervisors, e) build and manage virtual machine networks.
A ‘C’ or better in CISM 3134 – Data Communications.
A ‘C’ or better in IT 2333 – IT Infrastructure
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Manage networks through a network operating system,
- Maintain network operations in virtual and wired LAN environments,
- Discover the needs for virtualization of servers and network storage
- Recommend best practices and standards in User Account Controls and policies,
- Perform group presentations on technical subjects,
- Work in project teams to install, administer and upgrade popular purchased and open-source operating systems,
- Analyze common problems in network operating environments and construct practical software/hardware solutions.
Rationale for Inclusion
Advanced course work that builds on the fundamental course work to provide depth.
Last updated: 9/17/2014