IT 5433 Information Storage and Management
Previously IT 4433 Information Storage and Management
This course covers modern storage infrastructure technology and management including: challenges and solutions for data storage and data management, intelligent storage systems, storage networking, backup recovery, and archive, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and virtualization, and managing and monitoring the storage infrastructure. Best practices for security policies of cloud resources including permissions, privileges and storage management are analyzed and performed. For graduate students a significant research project will be assigned as a culminating experience.
A ‘C’ or better in CISM 3134 – Data Communications.
A ‘C’ or better in IT 2333 – IT Infrastructure
On completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe and apply storage technologies
- Identify leading storage technologies that provide cost-effective IT solutions for medium to large scale businesses and data centers
- Describe important storage technologies’ features such as availability, replication, scalability and performance
- Work in project teams to install, administer and upgrade popular storage solutions
- Identify and install current storage virtualization technologies
- Manage virtual servers and storage between remote locations
- Design, analyze and manage clusters of resources
- Analyze and differentiate between IT industry-specific certifications
Rationale for Inclusion
Advanced course work that builds on the fundamental course work to provide depth.
Last updated: 9/17/2014