What is Research?
Research is the systematic collection of information on a particular subject that will establish facts and reach new conclusions. Research can be performed in ANY discipline.
Why do Research?
- gives you real-life experience
- teaches new skills
- you develop a mentoring relationship with a professor
- teaches problem-solving skills
- teaches time-management skills
- get contacts and references and improve your CV
You should look at research opportunities if you…
- are academically motivated in ANY discipline
- want to develop professional, technical skills that give you an advantage in your future career
- are curious about original research/creative activities on campus
Last updated: 7/29/2013